The Sewing Place

Towelling?

Efemera

Towelling?
« on: September 05, 2018, 13:04:22 PM »
I’m looking for some patterned towelling to make a robe... it’s a faff getting dressed after showering when we’re caravanning..I want to make something to shove on that looks decent to walk back from the shower block.
Any ideas?

Francesca

Re: Towelling?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 13:08:46 PM »

sewingj

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 14:39:50 PM »
@Efemera   have you sewn towelling before?  I was keen to make a robe but after just shortening an existing one I decided that sewing towelling was too much of a faff!  Perhaps there are some cunning techniques to make it easier

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 15:04:21 PM »
I did something like this years ago when we were camping - for the same reason. I didn't make a robe, however, I made a knee length baggy T-shirt from towelling that just pulled on over my head.

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 20:05:21 PM »
I did something like this years ago when we were camping - for the same reason. I didn't make a robe, however, I made a knee length baggy T-shirt from towelling that just pulled on over my head.

That’s just what I want..pull on and go.

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 22:22:24 PM »
And you could use it to maintain modesty when changing swimmers on the beach - make a hood and you've got a hair dryer too!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
For @Greybird’s suggestion of a baggy T-shirt, could you use a couple of large towels? Beach towels might be less “loopy” than bath towels and be patterned.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:12:05 AM by StitchinTime »

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 08:40:21 AM »
For @Greybird’s suggestion of a baggy T-shirt, could you use a couple of large towels? Beach towels might be less “loopy” than bath towels and be patterned.

It may have to be towels, patterned fabric seems very thin on the ground.

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 22:06:30 PM »
I’ve bought this from eBay ...it’s vintage, hopefully it will be OK

Just call me Margo!

[attachment[/attachment]

crafter

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 22:12:56 PM »
I love those pink flamingos but at 65% poly it defeats the object of putting on after a shower.  You'd be all sweaty by the time you got back to your caravan.

Wish I could think of a use for it.  Love pink flamingos.

b15erk

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »
Love that fabric!  It will make a lovely dressing gown/caftan - definitely Margo!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.