The Sewing Place

Weekend Retreat at Home

Lowena

Weekend Retreat at Home
« on: October 25, 2018, 18:46:16 PM »
I am fed up! By the time i have done all my chores for the day, I have no energy left to do any sewing or felting :(
I used to craft in the evenings, but I'm worn out by 7pm now :(
Sooo...... this weekend, or the whole of Saturday and Sunday, I am going to closet myself away in the workshop. I am determined to make headway with 2 quilting and 3 felting projects..................... wonder if I will??? -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

Re: Weekend Retreat at Home
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 20:14:16 PM »
What a great idea. 

On another forum I'm on, they have virtual quilting weekends where members quilt at home and then share pics.

I look forward to seeing your makes. 

fajita

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 21:26:45 PM »
@Lowena - why not rearrange your timetable so your crafting has a morning slot, and the tiredness interrupts some other, less important activity.

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 23:03:01 PM »
Lovely idea Lowena, enjoy your retreat. There are times you need to put yourself and your needs first, the chores will wait.

crafter

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 23:58:47 PM »
Go for it @Lowena

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 01:10:26 AM »
A grand plan I think. It should be doable having projects ready and waiting.. You can skip most of the chores for a few days anyway, except maybe the ones that involve feeding critters.

I'm planning a little retreat for next Summer at a hotel across town. Stayed there last Summer for a couple of days when our AC acted up. Nice room, felt very safe, a desk to sew on, big TV, not that I really watch, microwave and decent sized fridge and my very own iron and ironing board. Plus big pool, onsite gym and full breakfast included with waffles and scrambled eggs no less. I'll still need to come home to feed the cats as OH has trouble with that. Odds are I'll have forgotten something anyway and can retrieve it.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 09:21:22 AM »
I am fed up! By the time i have done all my chores for the day, I have no energy left to do any sewing or felting :(

I think you need to take a serious look at what "chores" you are doing every day, clearly far too many!!
Have a great weekend  0_0

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 09:58:03 AM »
I also often find that by the time I have done the things I have to do there isn't really time left for the things I want to do (and I can assure you that h*******k does not often come on the list of things I have to do.

I do occasionally get the opportunity, if DH goes away for the night on a lorry trip, to sew late into the evening which I enjoy.  The thought of a whole weekend retreat sounds very inviting so go for it Lowena.  I'm sure nothing's going to disintegrate, explode, cause a revolution or start a war if you don't do it for one weekend.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
@Lowena - why not rearrange your timetable so your crafting has a morning slot, and the tiredness interrupts some other, less important activity.

Unfortunately, @Fajita @Renegade Sewist and @Bodgeitandscarper  my husband's strict regime our schedule doesn't allow for that  :[
Monday - housework, gardening, ironing
Tuesday - we go out
Wednesday - gardening, housework
Thursday - gardening, big chore ( windows / paintwork etc )
Friday - shopping, housework, breadmaking
Saturday - we go out
Sunday FREE!!!  :D
Since my heart problems I can't do as much in one go as I could.......but........I'll get there  :D

I'm really looking forward to this weekend......it's almost like another birthday  :D
I promise I'll take photos  :angel:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:10:36 AM by Lowena »

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 22:02:12 PM »
But @Lowena what are you doing with Mr Low on Sat?  Will the poor man have to go out by himself?

Next week I am going to a sewing workshop on Sat and have already promised Mr EB that I will leave lunch and evening meal.  By this I mean something he can make a sandwich out of for lunch and a pizza for supper.

I can't wait for a full days sewing amongst likeminded people and the opportunity to buy fabrics from Fabworks.  Thanks @sewmuchmore for posting about this

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »
I went to a sewing workshop once. It was a glorious day and Mr Wrenkins turned up with a picnic for 8 including little individual bags of wine gums and a giant box of cheesy nachos.  :loveit:
Gotta love that man.  <3
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 01:09:36 AM »
Good man @wrenkins . Before the quilt shop closed they had monthly "all nighters" that I usually attended. A misnomer, as they were from 5 PM to 1 AM. One Summer time evening OH showed up,bringing me my dinner, which was chicken kebobs fresh from the grill, rice pilaf, garlic bread and a salad. He brought enough for all 16 people. He's also shown up partway through the night with fresh kettle corn he had made.

One of the gals husbands loved to bake and showed up once with a still warm pan of brownies and a gallon of cold milk.

It's marvelous when they are so thoughtful.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

WendyW

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 04:30:22 AM »
It's always good to have time to recharge with stuff you WANT to do. I have one good friend with whom I occasionally plan a weekend at one of our homes to spend the whole weekend sewing together and helping each other with fitting or other difficult issues. It's always a good time!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 18:25:00 PM »
Unfortunately, @Fajita @Renegade Sewist and @Bodgeitandscarper  my husband's strict regime our schedule doesn't allow for that  :[
Monday - housework, gardening, ironing
Tuesday - we go out
Wednesday - gardening, housework
Thursday - gardening, big chore ( windows / paintwork etc )
Friday - shopping, housework, breadmaking
Saturday - we go out
Sunday FREE!!!  :D

Housework three times a week and a big chore every week, good grief do you live in a mansion  0_0 my windows, inside, are lucky if they get done once every 3 months.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lowena

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 22:17:46 PM »
No @sewmuchmore :D A Victorian cottage ( well, 2 knocked into 1 )  which easily gets dusty and cobwebby if you don't keep on top of it all the time.