The Sewing Place

An interesting look, maybe

Gernella

An interesting look, maybe
« on: January 31, 2019, 13:37:02 PM »
Last night I got itchy and bought another pattern:

https://itch-to-stitch.com/product/envigado-vest-digital-sewing-pattern-pdf/?affiliates=othersideofthegarden

And thought, I might do that next.  Of course I had no fabric suitable for what I thought I wanted and after a usual trawl looking and discounting for one reason or another, I finished up with this:

https://www.profabrics.co.uk/products/arctic-camo-polycotton

From reading up it doesn't make you hot and sweaty.

They have it on Croft fabrics but it was dearer.

This is what it looks like made up:

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-tst-m05-snow-camo-jacket/51901

Well not exactly the same but you get the picture.  Must be all these Nordic books I've been reading.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Starryfish

Re: An interesting look, maybe
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 14:01:05 PM »
I like the look, but why would you want a waterproof jacket with no sleeves? I would make it in ordinary cotton twill.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 15:24:55 PM »
Looked, a lot and this is the only thing that made me smile, the waterproofing was a just in with it, it was the pattern I liked.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 17:50:27 PM »
You will have seen elsewhere that I have this pattern as well. I can't decide between waxed cotton, I have some dark brown. Tapestry fabric which has llamas all over it or just plain old twill and do some embroidery on it. Will probably be a week or 2 before I can make a start. (will probably take a week to stick all 82 pages of pattern together)
@Gernella will be interesting to see how they turn out.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 18:15:20 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 17:52:49 PM »
Normally I would say that if llamas are an option, you should always choose llamas, but you mentioned embroidery as well...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 07:14:15 AM »
You will have seen elsewhere that I have this pattern as well. I can't decide between waxed cotton, I have some dark brown. Tapestry fabric which has llamas all over it or just plain old twill and do some embroidery on it. Will probably be a week or 2 before I can make a start. (will probably take a week to stick all 82 pages of pattern together)
@Gernella will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Err hello!
No brainer. It HAS TO BE LLAMAS!!!!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »
Nice fabric, should work ok I would think.  I'm guessing it should be non-sweaty as it's poly-cotton and only water repellent.  I like the fabric, but it would be filthy if I wore it!

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
I've got a few body warmers/gilets but none with as many pockets as this pattern has.  Waxed was the first thought but it was going to be more summery  so I wanted a lighter colour.   I have got some boring beige that I bought for a jacket for DH but he went and bought one, but it's a bit on the dark beige side and I'd rather anything but that.

Mind you, Llamas, I think I could really live with that.  I just wanted something different and I found it by accident.

Mind you @sewmuchmore,  there is no way I'm sticking patterns pieces together, I can't even stick a parcel together without it looking like a kid of 4 had done it.  I take the easy way out, worth every penny.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:53:30 AM by Gernella »

Lady Violet

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 19:16:29 PM »
I have this pattern, I am looking forward to trying it.  I have several Itch to Stitch Patterns, love them all.  I have just ordered this fabric and beginning to wonder if it will be too lightweight.

https://www.fabworks.co.uk/collections/new-stock/products/showerproof-peachskin-hazel

Fingers crossed this link works. I have not figured out how to link, using one word :(
A bad start always has a good ending ☘

sewmuchmore

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 09:42:37 AM »
I have this pattern, I am looking forward to trying it.  I have several Itch to Stitch Patterns, love them all.  I have just ordered this fabric and beginning to wonder if it will be too lightweight.

https://www.fabworks.co.uk/collections/new-stock/products/showerproof-peachskin-hazel

Fingers crossed this link works. I have not figured out how to link, using one word :(

I saw that on line so I am going to Fabworks today (hopefully).

Janet

sewmuchmore

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 09:46:45 AM »
Looking to send the pattern away to be printed when I realised I don't actually need all 82 pages. I only need  the ones corresponding with my cup size. Stupid or what  :|

Janet

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
Looking to send the pattern away to be printed when I realised I don't actually need all 82 pages. I only need  the ones corresponding with my cup size. Stupid or what  :|

I'm glad you warned me @sewmuchmore, when you said 82 pages I thought you were talking about the instructions.

I've just realised, you must have the A4, I think you need A0 copyshop to print off.  I can email you a copy of mine but it is still 6 pages, 4 costs  £9.50 (not shown for any more).

This one looks good:

http://memade.weebly.com/blog/envigadowow-just-wow
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:23:38 AM by Gernella »

sewmuchmore

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »
I'm glad you warned me @sewmuchmore, when you said 82 pages I thought you were talking about the instructions.

I've just realised, you must have the A4, I think you need A0 copyshop to print off.  I can email you a copy of mine but it is still 6 pages, 4 costs  £9.50 (not shown for any more).

This one looks good:

http://memade.weebly.com/blog/envigadowow-just-wow

I have the AO size and if you only get your size printed you only need 2 pages £5 from here

I really like the one memade did.

Janet

Gernella

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 13:08:34 PM »
That's a new one@sewmuchmore, never come across them before.  I do only need two pages printing, first and second pages, the rest are too large!

Fabric came today, just looks and feels the same as twill, if anything it has a nice sheen on the right side, so should be absolutely fine to work with.