The Sewing Place

In search of pattern or help

sewmuchmore

In search of pattern or help
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »
I want to make a shirt dress like this has anyone come across a pattern? Or I have a couple of shirt dress patterns does anyone know how I can incorporate the wrap without just sewing a tie belt into the side seam.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

Re: In search of pattern or help
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
@sewmuchmore there is this pattern https://www.sewessential.co.uk/misses-dress-vogue-sewing-pattern-2401?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx_bf0oid4AIVL7vtCh1txwm3EAQYDCABEgKMGvD_BwE

Also in Pattern Magic there is a design which would show you how to incorporate this bow/ wrap whatever you want to call it.  It is an extension of the front and would take a fair bit of fabric. 
I have the book if you’re interested.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 13:08:06 PM »
@Ohsewsimple I have had that book on my wish list for a while now, so this is the perfect excuse to buy it.
Amended, sorry is it book one, 2 or 3 it is in?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 13:09:56 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 14:23:48 PM »
@sewmuchmore it’s book 1.  I have one and two but they are in Japanese :).  I wasn’t worried about that and they weren’t available in English at the time.  You can also see it on Issuu if you use that.  I think the whole book is on there.  The design is a large bow and it sits higher up than you would want but the process is the same.