The Sewing Place

Do we like this ....

Lowena

Re: Do we like this ....
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 10:01:11 AM »
I would have fixed the fault and I prefer the second version.
I love grey
Well done dearheart  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 08:59:50 AM »
Well I had a lovely afternoon, 'teaching' the girl who owns the shop (and who teaches dreassmaking and home crafts at her school and on youtube) and she was inordinately pleased with her block and we made a flying goose or two too which thrilled her no end.

Despite it being one of my least favourite blocks (D9P) I like it as a whole, the sashing and borders make it in my mind and Im pleased to report both Sophia and her mum were thrilled with it!!!

(Sophia was on Kirstys handmade too, in the christmas stocking challenge one, came second she said, I didnt see it as KA annoys me intensely)

So Im going to finish it; Im backing with the dark grey, may or may put a line of geese across the back, and putting on a hanging sleeve so they can display it and attract interest ... they already have bookings (gulp !  :S  ) and Im written up in their workshop list!

Oh er Missus!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ploshkin

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 09:45:58 AM »
That's really exciting @Iminei I'm sure you will do a grand job.  I love teaching (currently beekeeping) and find that people like to hear about my own experiences and disasters.
I see you are listed as Iminei from The Sewing Place - that should lead to a few new members.
Life's too short for ironing.

Ellabella

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 09:51:55 AM »
@Iminei you’ll nail it. You have a natural gift for communication and love what you do.

Just remember, you know more than they do!

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »
@Iminei I seem to have missed this. What are you going to be doing? Is it a proper paid job? Where? When? Who? How frequently?

fajita

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »
Good luck, @Iminei  :flower:

Acorn

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »
Fantastic!  Well done, and you will be great.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 14:53:30 PM »
Thanks Girls, we will see ...

Imself is very (I think the word is) pumped about it ... but then I have been malingering for a year + now and I desperately need a lil income, if only to fund my dangerous Gin addiction!!

Yes, Low, I will be paid a lil amount and of course I get to play!!!!!! Im going to layer (at the shop which has lovely big tables, no more escaping quilts ... Woo Hoo!!) on Monday next week, then finish the 'cuddle quilt' as we are naming it (cute eh?)

It should be a breeze to quilt ... any ideas on the binding ???

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 19:25:02 PM »
Oh wow @Iminei  I'm so pleased for you..... you'll be brilliant  <3

BrendaP

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2019, 20:05:24 PM »
That's brilliant news. 0_0

Will they be doing everything, including cutting out or will you have all the pieces pre-cut?
As a rule of thumb I used to reckon that in a workshop/tutorial like that the students will take about twice as long to do something you would take to do it.  Not only are people slower doing something for the first time but you also have to have time talking/explaining what they will be doing.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Pearl

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 06:01:29 AM »
Oh wow @Iminei  I'm so pleased for you..... you'll be brilliant  <3

We all know what a fabulous teacher you are.   <3

Iminei

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2019, 07:57:02 AM »
Well the Example Quilt is finished (bar the handsewing of the binding, which I have passed to Ali at the shop to finish as my hand sewing is so lamentable) and I thought you might like a look ....

linky

The backing is the plain dark grey star fabric (same as binding) and there is a small label on the back. It came out about 33" sq which I think is perfect for a cuddle quilt and was made of just 4 D9P blocks + sashing + borders.

Do we like this now ????

BrendaP

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 09:10:14 AM »

Do we like this now ????

Yes we do!  0_0
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lowena

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 10:01:13 AM »
It's lovely :)

Acorn

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 10:09:42 AM »
We certainly do!  :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.