The Sewing Place

McCalls 7390 - a journey

sewingj

McCalls 7390 - a journey
« on: April 08, 2019, 16:45:19 PM »
https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7390

I chose this as I had several smallish pieces of linen that I wanted to use up.  It`s a simple top, has taken me the best part of 3 days and driven me to despair at time but now I am feeling ridiculously pleased with myself because I have ended up with something that fits!
I basically made a size 14 top half and size 16 bottom to allow for my small bust but big
 tummy.  I also took in the side front seams above the bust to make a narrow upper chest adjustment.  Doing that meant I had to make the neck band smaller which was a challenge but I did it.  Also, following advice here, I made adjustments for sloping shoulders and one shoulder being lower than the other - and have ended up with armholes that don`t gape!!
Finally - the pattern finishes the armholes with one of those circular armhole facing things which I really don`t like so I changed that to bias binding - I even made my own bias binding!
I just need some warm weather now so I can wear it
    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Efemera

Re: McCalls 7390 - a journey
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 16:55:08 PM »
Looks lovely... well done.

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 17:48:59 PM »
Lovely colour combination.
Life's too short for ironing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 17:55:20 PM »
That is lovely. I have this pattern, I did cut the pattern out last year but never got round to doing anything so you have inspired me dig out some fabric.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 18:38:31 PM »
Well it's definitely been worth 3 days work, great job

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 10:26:03 AM »
What a lovely top!  I love the style, and your colours look perfect together.

The next one will be easier... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Greybird

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 10:43:03 AM »
Very nice! How lovely to have offcuts that actually look good together. Mine always seem to be the wrong colours or knits that won't work with wovens or lightweight fabrics that don't go with heavyweights.

Missie

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »
That is lovely.  The colours are great together and it looks really well made!  Enjoy wearing it.

Nevis5

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:02:10 PM »
That's lovely!  I like the colour combination, too.  That would suit me very well  :devil: