The Sewing Place

In praise of Jaycotts - again

sewingj

In praise of Jaycotts - again
« on: April 24, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »
Jaycotts has become my favourtie supplier for many things now.  They are often cheaper than anyone else and they seem to be making a big effort to reduce their plastic packaging.  I recently bought some Prym pliers and they came in a "green" jiffy bag, and today some interfacing has arrived in a paper bag packed inside a sturdy cardboard envelope

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: In praise of Jaycotts - again
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 13:10:13 PM »
They are my first port of call for patterns and other stuff, and very quick too.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 14:26:04 PM »
Yes, I've always found them very speedy. Ordered a couple of patterns on a Thursday afternoon and they were with me on Friday, very impressed.

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 12:57:22 PM »
I emailed them to say how pleased I was to see that they are reducing their plastic packaging and they have replied saying their goal is to be 100% plastic free.

(I wish  fabric could be posted without involving many layers of plastic but that seems to be some way off)

So Chic

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 14:40:22 PM »
I ordered a couple of small items yesterday from Jaycotts and they arrived in less than 24 hours from time of ordering.  Excellent service and cheaper than other suppliers.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up