The Sewing Place

ISO - Janome quilt binder set for category D machine

annieeg

Iminei

Re: ISO - Janome quilt binder set for category D machine
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 19:06:00 PM »
Cant help with that Im afraind, but Ive got a cat D quilting set available, table feet etc ...

Why do you need  a gidgy gadget to make binding?? ... its pretty straightforward!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 21:19:36 PM »
@Iminei  I don't think it makes binding, it folds and puts it in the right place along the edge of the quilt so it can be sewn in one pass. It's like a bias binding foot.  I think I would prefer to sew it on in two steps, easier to control.  It took me a little while to get the hang of bias binding.  I wouldn't want to unpick binding on a quilt,
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 21:50:25 PM »
Thanks @Iminei but I already have the quilting kit.  I was just looking for a tool to help attach bias.  It must be quite efficient because its expensive to buy new, hence my hope to pick one up 2nd hand.
Annieeg

supergran

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 22:29:45 PM »
It probably works fine on the straight bits, but I'm not sure how well it would go round the mitred corners.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 19:10:52 PM »
@annieeg You don't need bias cut binding for a quilt, unless it has rounded corners or a scalloped edge.

Why make life difficult.... Sew it on, fold it over, and hand or machine finish according to preference. No gadget required.