The Sewing Place

Style arc Lacey

Catllar

Style arc Lacey
« on: June 04, 2019, 19:06:29 PM »
Just made this using some lovely silky  cotton batik I lusted after in Bali. I even made a muslin for the bodice and decided it was too short by about 5cm. I like a waist to be on the waist ( call me crazy and off the wall)  Cut adjusted pattern in batik and made it up. I must have shrunk overnight as bodice once skirt is attached is too long. Readjusted and it's done. Nice and loose and slides on easy, perfect holiday dress. Might take a picture once I wear it.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Acorn

Re: Style arc Lacey
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 19:33:40 PM »
Please do - I've been meaning to make this for ages.   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bookish

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 22:57:21 PM »
That sounds lovely... both the fabric and your dress.  Yes, please, for a picture.

I too am busy tweaking not only the Lacey but also the Sydney dresses, both of which look like what's needed for our hot, humid Virginia summers (with some southwestern trips on the way to the grandchildren).  I'm short and um, wider than what the patterns have in mind... but I love their style and drafting.

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 23:11:01 PM »
Why do I now really really want this pattern even though I don't wear dresses?? Some lovely makes on Google Images. Photo please Catllar!

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »
Stop it @Vezelay  :)  If it works for you it usually works for me and I don't wear dresses either.
Life's too short for ironing.

Missie

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »
Oh dear Lord.  You have got me having a good peruse of Style Arc and I am now coveting (too) many patterns!  I need a more office suitable wardrobe and many of the things I've been thinking of are in that pattern collection. :o

CCL

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »
Catllar, I just made the Lacey last month in a fun soft cross grain chambray stripe.  When I made the muslin, I used an old flannel sheet.

I felt was swimming in the chambray version, so added ties that could be used to loosely pull in the waist to give it more definition.  Nothing fancy, just two ties slide into the side seams.

Missie,  Style Arc patterns are fun to put together.   And I love that with the PDFs, they send you three, the size you bought and one size larger and one size smaller.

Edited to add: photo of the side with ties (note I had to make it shorter than I would have liked due to a fade line in the fabric on the fold - reminder to me about using up stash in a timely manner).

Style Arc Lacy side
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 13:31:55 PM by CCL »
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

maliw

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 20:04:24 PM »
Nice dress but not for me, I'm not a dress person except when I have to. Love SA - enough said on that subject (thanks to DF!!!!!)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 20:36:05 PM »
I'm going to have to make a Lacey - that dress is very me!  That's really nice @CCL  0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 23:19:46 PM »
I'll do a piccy tomorrow. It's a bit of a contrast really - nice and loose for hot and sticky weather ( I'm assured we will have some) and you can slide it over your head, but I really like a bit more fitted stuff, so they recommend in this case putting in a zipper, but I like your ties CCL. :)

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 08:02:42 AM »
Won't let me post. Says I've failed security check!