The Sewing Place

Anyone wanting tickets for the Christian Dior exhibition tomorrow?

Marniesews

I have two tickets for the Dior exhibition tomorrow - Saturday 29th June, entry at 17:45pm. That is the normal closing time for the museum but these are part of the extended opening ticket release for the exhibition which doesn't close until 9:30pm and, once you're in the exhibition you can stay as long as you like until it closes.

I got them to go with my husband but he has had back problems all week and it's clear he's not improving fast enough for tomorrow so I'm reluctantly asking is anyone would like them. The tickets have been emailed to me and ask that they are printed out for presentation at the museum so there should be no problem with that.

The email clearly shows the price I paid for them as £48.

Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

SkoutSews

Re: Anyone wanting tickets for the Christian Dior exhibition tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 18:00:28 PM »
If only I lived nearer....

Can't you go, perhaps with a friend, and leave him to fend for himself for a few hours?

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 18:53:36 PM »
It was going to be my second visit and the local friend who would be interested (but not a sewer) came with me the first time and is elsewhere tomorrow. Just too late to make other arrangements.

I would be probably be at least 6 hours or more so I don't want to leave him as he's completely locked up a few times and needed help to get back into bed (no downstairs loo). He'd rather be left alone than be babysat and I'm not willing to do that. If I'd not been before that might have been different.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 19:10:10 PM »
I think @Francesca  really wanted to go

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 19:16:25 PM »
 :\
I think @Francesca  really wanted to go

She did but she's been.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 22:13:24 PM »
Not looking promising, my posts on a couple of sewing pages haven't even been approved yet.

SkoutSews

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »
Fingers crossed that someone will take them.

Hope that your husband's back improves too.  Back pain is so very debilitating.