The Sewing Place

Fabric Godmother

Nevis5

Fabric Godmother
« on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »
Has anyone ordered from Fabric Godmother recently?  I'm a bit worried; I ordered a couple of metres of fabric on 5th July by Paypal and the order is showing up on my account with FG as 'awaiting shipment'.  The fabric is now sold out online so I reckoned that it was an error and should have shown up as sold out when I tried to order.

I have emailed them twice now asking what has happened to the order and have had no reply.  I know I can get my money back through Paypal so am not worried about that, but it's very unlike them not to respond and/or send my order.

Was just wondering if anyone else had had a problem with them lately.  I'm hoping that it's just a glitch and that there's nothing wrong. Don't want to fall out with them as I like their fabrics and have ordered successfully from them quite a lot.  Any ideas?  Thank you! x

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Fabric Godmother
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »
Do they have a phone number so you can ring them?

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 12:48:26 PM »
Oh crikey, don't say that ! I've just ordered a load of stuff from them ( see my post half metre cuts) If anyone can find a phone number then well done and please let us all know. I've not found one anywhere even with the help of Mr Google, or the Yellow pages app.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 19:14:47 PM »
Just checking back to say that after I posted on Friday my parcel containing the fabric arrived.  Very strange!  it had taken nearly three weeks to get to me.

I hope @Catllar   that you get your order safely soon.  You're right, I'd hunted around for a phone number too and there wasn't one to be found.  Annoying.

But the fabric is nice :)

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 22:04:12 PM »
Glad you got your fabric!

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 09:09:18 AM »
Thanks, @Catllar  !  But have you got yours?  xx

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »
No but then mine has got to get across the sea and walk down to the Spanish border nearly!

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 22:09:04 PM »
My fabric arrived on Friday and it's totally lovely - s'all been washed so no excuses  left, except a friend wants me to alter 2 skirts - a Dior and a Chanel - so no pressure. :\

Nevis5

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 12:14:27 PM »
Woohoo, great news @Catllar   !  I like her fabrics, they are generally beautiful.  Which is why I was worried when I hadn't received mine as quickly as I normally do.  However all is well :)

A Dior and a Chanel??  Gulp!!  But it will be fascinating to have a delve inside and find out how designer stuff is put together.  Good luck x

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 13:40:38 PM »
She wants them let out at the waist so I'll just need to let out the darts and put on some sort of new waist finish.