WildAtlanticWay

Re: Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2019, 16:33:41 PM »
Ok, I’m in. <panics...> :ninja:

Iminei

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2019, 16:41:07 PM »
Fabulous WAW!!!

Just remember, you can use any technique you chose, make it any size you want as long as it can hold a mug / glass /  teapot.
You can make just one Mug Rug or a set if you want to, just accept and expect that you will only be receiving ONE!

Drop me a pm titled Mug Rug swap address with your correct name and address and I'll pair you off in the next week or so

We are aiming to get them posted in the days before the Autumn Equinox, hopefully to arrive  on the 23rd September.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2019, 16:41:30 PM »
haha did your stomach flip when you hit the post button @WildAtlanticWay0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2019, 16:45:00 PM »
Thanks @fajita I have gone with the way it was folded as being the better side, it doesn't look much different to me  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2019, 17:02:50 PM »
A quick recap ...

You make a mug rug, any size you want (I'm doing 6 " coasters) but big enough to to hold a mug, glass, teapot, mug and biccie (?)

You can make one or a set ... But please only expect to receive ONE in return

You can use any technique you want, piecing, applique, cross stitch, machine or hand embroidery, FPP, redwork etc etc etc

The Only theme is AUTMUNAL ... this could be your colour scheme or subject matter if embroidering/appliqueing, Fpp ... 
pumpkins, autumn leaves, autumal tree, Conkers, Toadstool, Squirrel, Fox, Witches 

Post to your drawn partner ... some of you will be posting abroad so please post in good time for it to reach your partner ... to arrive around the time of the autumnal equinox, 23rd September.

hernibs

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2019, 17:39:13 PM »
She looked through her stash of suitable fabric likely from the U.S. years ago....there's an autumnal slightly sparkly fat quarter....hmmmmm....now someone mentioned toadstools...yep....have a die for toadstools....cut out in felt and hand stitched on a 'pillowcase'.....there would be no binding....now what is this stuff that goes in the middle....some kind of wadding I don't have....but I do have simple wadding, somewhere.......so I guess Imi and WAW have press ganged me into signing up.....edited to add Pearl as she influenced me too...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 19:21:24 PM by hernibs »

Lilian

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2019, 17:48:55 PM »
She looked through her stash of suitable fabric likely from the U.S. years ago....there's an autumnal slightly sparkly fat quarter....hmmmmm....now someone mentioned toadstools...yep....have a die for toadstools....cut out in felt and hand stitched on a 'pillowcase'.....there would be no binding....now what is this stuff that goes in the middle....some kind of wadding I don't have....but I do have simple wadding, somewhere.......so I guess Imi and WAW have press ganged me into signing up.....

@hernibs Insul Bright is what I am using in mine  :)

wrenkins

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2019, 17:50:09 PM »

@wrenkins  Binding on small makes is notoriously difficult (well I find it so) so Im turning mine out, slip-stitching them closed and then adding a row of stitching 1/4" from the edge.
Hurrah!
Mine has no binding either @hernibs after my first debacle. I just did what @Iminei said.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2019, 18:04:44 PM »
Binding a mugrug is easy peasy  -<
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 18:08:33 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

hernibs

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2019, 18:11:58 PM »
This one doesn't even know what or how to bind around anything!!

Lilian

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 18:14:02 PM »
Mine are all cut out. May sew them tonight  -<   :) :vintage:

Sakar

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2019, 18:29:53 PM »
Mine is ready and waiting for take-off  :)

Iminei

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2019, 18:47:12 PM »
So pleased with everyones enthusiasm for this ...

Wadding can be fleece, regular wadding or insulbrite ... these are not going to get HOT !

Looking forward to the pics you take to let your swappee know their mug rug arrived safe and sound!

Let the fun commence!

Sara-S

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2019, 19:07:02 PM »
 :thread: I finished mine this morning!
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Sheilago

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2019, 19:28:12 PM »
Sewed two last night, but as usual, :P not sure about them. Might make more tonight of a completely different style   :snip: :drink: