The Sewing Place

I needed a new garden gate.

Ravingdoll

I needed a new garden gate.
« on: April 22, 2017, 00:57:20 AM »
I got home from work yesterday to find farve enthusiastically stroking the gate and going on about its sturdiness etc.  I actually thought he had taken leave of his senses and was wondering how to break it to the fam.  But I then found out it was new.  I mean, I only live here.  To be fair, I've not been here long and I've given muv and farve a free reign to keep the garden up and running whilst I sort out the house because it (house) is a bit of a work in progress and I am not much of a gardener anyhow.  Plus, I have a front and back garden, which I've never had before.  And now I've got a posh garden gate!  Yay!  And it keeps Toby the Thug contained.  Double yay. And, triple yay, farve paid for it.  I'm still trying to work out what was wrong with the old one, but I understand that this is strictly a parent dominated subject and not one in which my views are sought or are necessary.  Now I now that farve hasn't totally lost his marbles I can live with that.
The tradespeople are working to their own timetable which is incompatible to mine.  I was a bit despondent leaving for work as I still needed some electrical work done, painting finished, new taps from plumber (I don't think he will be drinking with me again, he was definitely out of his league) and boiler serviced.  When I got home it was all happening And they were busy working with muv sitting in the lounge doing some sewing whilst on the phone telling Furniture Village that no, a further delay for my red Piccadilly clock was not acceptable and she expected delivery tout suite.  I am still not quite sure how my younger brother's girlfriend reacted when she received her jeans back neatly sewn and mended at the knee.  Muv really doesn't quite get that fashion.    When the electrician was given leave by muv to down tools he did say to me that the next time someone says to him that Rome wasn't built in a day he will tell them that is because my mother wasn't the site manager.  :| 0_0

Ravingdoll

Re: I needed a new garden gate.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:07:17 AM »
Oh sorry admin, I've posted this in the wrong area!  Sorry!  Blame it on a late Friday night shift.  Pretty please will you move it to the cafe thread. 

Lantana

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 01:56:42 AM »
Oh sorry admin, I've posted this in the wrong area!  Sorry!  Blame it on a late Friday night shift.  Pretty please will you move it to the cafe thread.

And I clicked on the link all of an excitement thinking RD had found a way to sew a garden gate as I could do with one. (I was imagining empty beer cans from the plumber drinking session and was wondering what machine she had that could do that). Oh well any chance of a loan of your pater as I could do with a hand in the garden?  :) Your mum sounds a star as well  <3

Lanty  :vintage:

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 06:09:04 AM »
Love it!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »
Good old farve and muv.   0_0

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:54:03 AM »
Laughing out loud at the sewn up jeans - I itch to do this every time I see a pair!  Well done Muv!  :D :D

Your family is priceless RD:)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Holly Berry

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »
Look forward to your posts, so funny and entertaining. Love the comments from the electrician.
Procrastination get behind me

Pinkstar

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »
  I am still not quite sure how my younger brother's girlfriend reacted when she received her jeans back neatly sewn and mended at the knee.  Muv really doesn't quite get that fashion.    When the electrician was given leave by muv to down tools he did say to me that the next time someone says to him that Rome wasn't built in a day he will tell them that is because my mother wasn't the site manager.  :| 0_0

0_0 0_0 0_0