The Sewing Place

Finishing UFOs tomorrow

Lowena

Finishing UFOs tomorrow
« on: October 26, 2019, 15:44:21 PM »
Tomorrow I was supposed to leave here at 8am!! ( don't usually surface much before 9 ) and spend the day at the Duxford Quilt Show. Due to unforseen circumstances that is no longer possible, then I had a brainwave....
I shall spend the day, locked away in a sewing retreat Chez Lowena.
I am not,not,not enjoying having UFOs hanging over me like the sword of Damocles...it's alien to the way I work...so...
I'm listing what I want to accomplish to spur me on.
I'm finding it difficult to think of more than one project and need to get some either finished or up to date so I know where I am
1. Temperature quilt....up to date
2. Sewing group quilt....put together what I've done
3. Fancy Forest quilt...press, ready for sandwich at sewing group in November ( big tables available )
4. Awesome Ocean...review completed blocks and either ditch them or unpick and Restitch them ( not good enough )
5. Jitterbug Quilt ( Lintotts name for it ) check completed blocks and note progress.
Then decide where to go next...which order to finish them in.
I hate having several things on the go at once...does my head in! Never again :ninja:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 15:47:08 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

Re: Finishing UFOs tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 17:39:46 PM »
Thats a good list and I shall be urging you on from DDD Lowena.

To be fair your completed Fancy Forest astounded me and to think of an Awesome Ocean on the way is too thrilling to comprehend.

Sometimes its good to have another project to turn to for a lil light relief and they do get finished ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 20:02:18 PM »
I had planned to go to the Big Textile show tomorrow but am tempted to join you in a UFOathon, @Lowena , especially as it’s still April here.

Stitches

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
I am also trying to finish the wedding dress today. It would have been lovely to go to Duxford but Mr Stitches is getting so that I cant leave him all day .

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 09:51:09 AM »
Ha ha @Stitches bet you finish and I don't.... as I haven't started yet  :|
Think of the money we've saved  :D

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »
Well... we all know what the Road to Hell is paved with....... :devil:
I haven't even started yet!!
So far... I've had coffee ( multiple cups ) had words with OH  :\ faffed around on t'internet thingy and checked tv schedule for later.
I really must get my a**e in gear and get upstairs before the day disappears entirely  :ninja:

Stitches

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
Got mother of brides dress ready for another fitting not started brides yet .

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
I didn’t go to the textile show as I thought I’d only buy things I don’t really need and find new projects which I definitely don’t need.  I made a good start and have almost finished April, but I have just made a cake and seem to be sitting on the sofa with my iPad.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 13:53:46 PM »
I've done August  :angel:
About to wrestle with a whale  :S  :D