The Sewing Place

Where is Everyone?

Lowena

Where is Everyone?
« on: November 03, 2019, 19:01:52 PM »
Dead as a doornaill on here  :'(
What's everyone up to?
Today I made most of a small teddy bear ( needle felting ) and tomorrow I hope to finish him off and make him a quilted, patchwork sleeping bag, so he's cost  ;)
Also, August is underway with my temperature quilt
Triumph of hope over experience :D

RJR_38

Re: Where is Everyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 19:19:44 PM »
I've been sewing like mad trying to get all my Christmas projects/gifts done. I'd like.to see.your teddy bear Lowena

Celia

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 19:27:32 PM »
Been suffering with a head cold but am knitting mittens

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 19:29:28 PM »
I've been out playing with babies.   :D

Oh, and we bought a new bird table this morning.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 19:55:31 PM »
I've just got home from a weekend in Belfast. Whoops just noticed this is a darksiders thread  :| Ah well, I did make one quilt  :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 20:04:19 PM by Vezelay »

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 20:15:16 PM »
I confess - I was lured to the Lightside, making my trousers, and I need to find my way back to the Darkness. :o

I have a child's quilt mostly cut out, but can't find my quilting mojo. Maybe when I get my big s/m back from the repairers' I'll make a start. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lilian

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 20:20:48 PM »
I've been unwell with a cold but have been thinking about which to choose between a log cabin (I have only ever made one single log cabin block!) or a french braid pattern for gifts. The biggest issue is selecting the fabrics  :S

I have only just realized how much you can do with a log cabin block, it's endless! :)
Willing but not always able :)

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 20:37:53 PM »
My sewing of all kinds is in the doldrums just now.  I'm lacking any sort of inspiration.
Life's too short for ironing.

supergran

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 20:53:35 PM »
I'd no sooner got back from a month in England seeing my grandson who was seriously ill with Lemierre syndrome, (he's recovered now), when my old dog took ill. After a brain scan he was diagnosed with a huge brain tumour and we had to say goodbye to him in early October.

However, this little one has come into my life to help ease the pain, and my word, what a little time waster she is! Meet Lola.

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 20:55:47 PM »
Well, they say 'Time is precious, waste it wisely', and Lola looks like a very wise waste of time to me!   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sheilago

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 21:04:21 PM »
I’ve been knitting quite a bit- just finished a jumper for my granddaughter. Today I started off making some progress on my 3 bears baby quilt. Then I went to look for a gold bracelet I’ve had since I was a child. I last wore it at Christmas and just realised I hadn’t seen it in a while. I’ve searched all my hiding places;found all my other jewellery and found lots of other things I’d forgotten. I’ve  done lots of tidying and  thrown lots of old stuff out- but still haven’t found it. Most frustrating!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 21:14:00 PM by Sheilago »

Sheilago

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 21:07:59 PM »
@supergran - just read about Lola. She is gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your old dog- I lost my older one too in June. Lola certainly looks like she’ll keep you busy.

Lilian

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 21:08:11 PM »
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dog @supergran  :(.  Little Lola will certainly help with the grieving. I did the same in January when I lost my 11yr old lurcher to heart failure  :(  Now my new  :woof: (my avatar) keeps me very busy  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Kenora

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 21:08:41 PM »
@supergran - so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, but little Lola looks absolutely gorgeous. I hope she helps heal a wound for you. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

WendyW

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 03:57:55 AM »
I finished up  the top of a charity quilt last week, and must get started on this years stack of flannel baby quilts for social services. I need to have 15 done by the end of the month. Thankfully I've got a ton of pre-cut squares to use.

I have a back-log of non-quilting client projects stacked up and have to get those done too.