The Sewing Place

Men's Leather Glove Pattern?

alex

Men's Leather Glove Pattern?
« on: April 29, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions?  There are very few glove paterns period, and these seem to be for women.  I am currently trying to adjust a women's pattern, and its not going so well...

I am looking for a dress glove, not a workman's glove pattern.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheers
Alex

DementedFairy

BrendaP

Re: Men's Leather Glove Pattern?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 00:05:21 AM »
Making gloves

move on a few pages by clicking the arrows at the bottom of the pages to get to
Making unlined gloves for men
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

alex

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 21:47:10 PM »
Thank you both for your kind responses.

The first issue is that, because I have very little experience with making gloves I would like to begin with a pattern.  Just to get a feel for it.  Later on, I will look in to making my own pattern.

Secondly, a glove making book that I am reading says, that it is a mistake to try and adjust a women's pattern to a man's.  There are too many changes to be made.  I started off with this approach, but I have never made a full garment before and so I have no experience with grading.

Anyway, I have bitten the bullet and bought the only man's pattern I can find.  Hopefully it will be a good starting point.
 http://www.voguefabricsstore.com/Patterns-Pattern-Studio-GP514-Manly-Pursuits-Glove-Pattern.html

I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Alex

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »
That's a fascinating project - good luck and I look forward to hearing how it goes.   :vintage:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.