The Sewing Place

Is it something I've done?

Pearl

Is it something I've done?
« on: January 10, 2020, 17:36:24 PM »
Yesterday and today, the way the forum appears on my pc is different.  The background is white instead of its usual TSP blue-iness and my profile info is on the right.  When I open a thread, the posts are on the left and on the right is a huge speech bubble.  On my ipad, all is as normal.  Is it something I've done?

ETA Instead of the thumbs up, thumbs down thingy is written 'yay' and 'nay'.  I don't like it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 17:38:18 PM by Pearl »

Acorn

Re: Is it something I've done?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 17:40:46 PM »
According to your profile you are using the normal theme, so it should all be normal, which your ipad seems to confirm.  It does sound as though something has happened on your PC.

Have you tried looking at the site in another browser?

It's always worth trying clearing your cache (control/shift/delete).
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 17:50:49 PM »
The thumbs up/down being replaced by words sounds as though your PC isn't loading the style details properly.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 17:56:27 PM »
Thanks, Acorn.  My cache is cleared.  I’ve called tech support (aka DS1).  If I disappear, you’ll know who to blame... or thank.

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 18:07:42 PM »
Have you tried pressing F5?

I had a strange 'view' a few months ago and it was suggested I did that and it all returned to normal.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

Pearl

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 18:29:41 PM »
Thanks, @Helen M , but no luck.  Tech support has had to go to get ready to go out so.   :( 

He’ll try again tomorrow.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 08:11:16 AM »
Instead of the thumbs up, thumbs down thingy is written 'yay' and 'nay'.  I don't like it.

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Deafoldbat

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 19:40:49 PM »
This is probably something I've done...
I got a new hard drive for this computer and moved to W10 at the same time. All the useful icons etc at the top of new post/reply have vanished. How do I get them back? My tech support (DS1) is out so I can't ask him.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 19:42:09 PM »
Panic over - read down the thread a bit further - clear cache. All better now  :D