The Sewing Place

Attention all super QAYG peoples.

rubywishes

Attention all super QAYG peoples.
« on: January 20, 2020, 22:51:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTBUdZ6HVt4

Ignoring the self binding bit at the end of this tute, what do you think of this simple method for QAYG?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Sara-S

Re: Attention all super QAYG peoples.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 01:12:00 AM »
Looked interesting, though you had to get past all of her chatter.  She could have shown the method in half the time, but it looked feasible.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Renegade Sewist

Re: Attention all super QAYG peoples.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 03:01:00 AM »
I'm not a super QAYG people. err, person. umm, quilter. Quiltess? But I'm interested in trying one this year, so my ears always perk up.

First, I didn't need to ignore the self binding bit near the end. I slept through it. Three times.  |O
Next, yes, chatty. How she has almost 97,000 followers on Youtube? Please tell me....
At least she mentioned not bothering to press.

After I got past all of that, and woke up, it's interesting. I've seen it before, with better execution. Do note that she says it's not a good technique for a large quilt as you've got to get it in under the harp. But, if you have a quilters machine, or a combo quilt/machine embroidery machine, both with a bigger harp you could probably do a throw or maybe twin. Mine's sort of a 3/4's machine so tiny harp. It might be problematic for me.

Back to her video.  0_0 That crazy quilt at the end? Crazy. Or scary. Or both. But she's got me contemplating looking into a rag quilt. I think they use flannel? Must check. JoAnn (big box US fabric) is having a good flannel sale starting Thursday.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.