The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Fabric Lover

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2017, 21:56:12 PM »
I'm waaaayyyyy behind, not least because my sewing machine was playing up. I seem to have fixed it now - fingers crossed. I am hoping to have one finished dress at the end of the competition. I can't compete with all you prolific stash busters!
I've been feeling exactly the same SS, can't manage multiple projects, I'm more of a plodder!  0_0
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

DementedFairy

« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2017, 22:01:24 PM »
I need more green and white things! 
C'est moi!

SingingSinger

« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2017, 23:38:37 PM »
I've been feeling exactly the same SS, can't manage multiple projects, I'm more of a plodder!  0_0

Plodders unite!  ;)
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Fabric Lover

« Reply #288 on: March 30, 2017, 10:18:14 AM »
Plodders unite!  ;)
Sorry, have to put this project aside for now, I've been tasked (by DH! ><) to make a cover for patio table and chairs. As he is doing something I've set him on, I guess I can't really argue. Actually it is so a Stash Buster project as I've had the fabric for over a year, but I guess nowhere near as exciting as other projects in the competition!!  -<

DementedFairy

« Reply #289 on: March 30, 2017, 17:42:16 PM »
I made another green thing!  Wearing it to work tomorrow, so will get pics and post on my blog and here [and probably Pattern Review, overkill is fun...

Still time to make a couple more things over the weekend, and Easter fortnight will be a sew-fest, more stash busting!  Hurrah for spring greens!
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2017, 14:45:13 PM »
Sorry, have to put this project aside for now, I've been tasked (by DH! ><) to make a cover for patio table and chairs. As he is doing something I've set him on, I guess I can't really argue. Actually it is so a Stash Buster project as I've had the fabric for over a year, but I guess nowhere near as exciting as other projects in the competition!!  -<
Finished the cover for the patio table and chairs. Does this qualify for the  competition?
I've had the fabric for over 9 months.  ;)

DementedFairy

« Reply #291 on: March 31, 2017, 17:37:40 PM »
Here's this week's green thing:  Style Arc Daisy tunic in willow green cotton/cupro blend.  Voluminous, but I like it!

Blog post here https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/oops-a-daisy/

C'est moi!

Vegegrow

« Reply #292 on: March 31, 2017, 19:26:02 PM »
Looking good DF ... I don't own a single piece of green clothing... but my DD loves green so I have stitched it a good few times
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Francesca

« Reply #293 on: March 31, 2017, 19:45:11 PM »
Finished the cover for the patio table and chairs. Does this qualify for the  competition?
I've had the fabric for over 9 months.  ;)

Yep, definitely qualifies!

I've had one entry emailed to me so far (thanks DF!) so please do continue to send!

Vegegrow

« Reply #294 on: March 31, 2017, 20:45:35 PM »

I've had one entry emailed to me so far (thanks DF!) so please do continue to send!
I'll try and catch up over the weekend Fran... :*.. customer curtains finished  :angel:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Holly Berry

« Reply #295 on: April 01, 2017, 09:11:32 AM »
This really is a stash buster. I bought the pattern and fabric together when I restarted Sewing in 2013, so it's about time I did something with it.
Procrastination get behind me

DementedFairy

« Reply #296 on: April 01, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »

Yay!  I was first!  I'm a good girl I am!
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2017, 21:00:46 PM »
...and I just cut out some more stuff this afternoon.  Woohoo!
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2017, 21:05:05 PM »

Thanks Fran!

b15erk

« Reply #299 on: April 03, 2017, 09:35:52 AM »
Does it count if the pattern is a new one?  I'm making DD a maternity dress, and the fabric is from stash, but the pattern is new.  Is that OK?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.