The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »
That looks super, DF, I wouldn't have realised that sort of sleeve has gathering in the seam too.  Not sure I like the sound of a corset...

Vegegrow

« Reply #346 on: April 11, 2017, 08:51:42 AM »
I didn't get round to taking photos of the finished article until today even though I finished about a week ago! Here it is, what do you think?

Looks good.. useful as it is but you can dress it up as well if you want too........
.(ps hope your sore toe is better soon  :ninja:)
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Francesca

« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2017, 10:13:42 AM »
Getting a fair few entries through now  0_0

What I would say is that the entries where we have nice pics of people in them, in good light, really do POP in comparison, so please consider finding a friend to get a nice pic of you. The ones that look best are outside in bright light, so perfect for a garden photoshoot! It really lets people see the detail of what you've made  :angel:

Efemera

« Reply #348 on: April 11, 2017, 12:52:05 PM »
Hooray...I've finished it... but you won't see a picture of me in it....never put pictures of me on tinterweb...no rational reason just a foible of mine. I'll post a picture of the jacket itself.

Francesca

« Reply #349 on: April 11, 2017, 13:09:25 PM »
Hooray...I've finished it... but you won't see a picture of me in it....never put pictures of me on tinterweb...no rational reason just a foible of mine. I'll post a picture of the jacket itself.

Sounds good :) Saying that you could always hide your face if you wanted to. Or get someone else to model for you.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #350 on: April 11, 2017, 16:17:55 PM »

Looks good.. useful as it is but you can dress it up as well if you want too........
.(ps hope your sore toe is better soon  :ninja:)
Thank you VG, very nice of you :flower:
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Sandra

« Reply #351 on: April 11, 2017, 16:28:05 PM »
I'm out of patience asking my daughter if she'd take a photo of me in the red dress, so I've taken Millicent into the garden and photographed it myself.
My daughter doesn't feel she can be bothered to get up from the settee... >:)

I've used 2.3m of fabric and approx 2 metres of lining. I found several scraps of red lining in my stash...I didn't line the sleeves.

The colour doesn't seem to have photographed very accurately. It's actually a proper 'Christmassy' red. It's looking a bit cerise on my screen.

Sandra.
xxx

b15erk

« Reply #352 on: April 11, 2017, 16:36:16 PM »
That's lovely Sandra!  I've got cerise too, but it doesn't make it any less lovely :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2017, 16:45:30 PM »
Still using some stash which is good. Thought you'd like to see these Fabrics which I used for making some scarf hangers for gifts.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

DementedFairy

« Reply #354 on: April 11, 2017, 18:08:00 PM »
That looks super, DF, I wouldn't have realised that sort of sleeve has gathering in the seam too.  Not sure I like the sound of a corset...

If they fit, they're not uncomfortable- in fact more comfy than 'shapewear' which bunches and shifts...
C'est moi!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #355 on: April 11, 2017, 18:18:52 PM »
Finished at last. Didn't have as much fabric as i thought so rummaged around in my bits box and found 2 long strips. Had to improvise with pattern. Cut panels out slightly smaller on the l shaped piece of fabric and then inserted 2 extra panels at the side front/back. In affect this means there is no side seam so then had to move zip into the back.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Didi

« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2017, 18:25:02 PM »
Getting a fair few entries through now  0_0

What I would say is that the entries where we have nice pics of people in them, in good light, really do POP in comparison, so please consider finding a friend to get a nice pic of you. The ones that look best are outside in bright light, so perfect for a garden photoshoot! It really lets people see the detail of what you've made  :angel:

Which is great if you don't live alone  :D sadly the cat is pretty useless at photography

DementedFairy

« Reply #357 on: April 11, 2017, 18:30:09 PM »
What's the finish date again?

Have I got time for more lol
C'est moi!

Francesca

« Reply #358 on: April 11, 2017, 19:34:21 PM »
What's the finish date again?

Have I got time for more lol

Tomorrow at midnight! Still plenty of time especially with your Wednesday off  0_0

DementedFairy

« Reply #359 on: April 11, 2017, 19:49:26 PM »
Tomorrow at midnight! Still plenty of time especially with your Wednesday off  0_0
I've got two weeks off!  YAY!

OK emailing another, but I'll have to double check what I already sent you...
C'est moi!