The Sewing Place

Sewing Chair

Diane

Sewing Chair
« on: February 20, 2022, 13:27:09 PM »
Has anyone got the Horn sewing chair? I'm in need of a proper sewing chair and quite like the look of this one.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

StitchinTime

Re: Sewing Chair
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 13:49:23 PM »
That looks very similar to an “operator chair”, but paying a premium for the sewing fabric.

For example, this office chair is nearly half the price, but only comes in boring colours, but I’m sure office chairs are available in a wider colour range.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 13:51:25 PM »
It looks like a fairly standard adjustable computer chair with a fancy cover? Does it offer something extra that makes it comfier to sit on and sew?

I have this one I bought from Amazon a couple of years ago. The red cover has faded from being in the sun but it’s otherwise working fine. My main issue was I didn’t want chair arms getting in the way.

Flobear

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 13:52:01 PM »
Nope! Mine came from IKEA. Not an exciting colour but I don't see that when I'm sitting on it. If it bothered me, I could cover it.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

realale

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 13:55:02 PM »
That looks very similar to an “operator chair”, but paying a premium for the sewing fabric.

For example, this office chair is nearly half the price, but only comes in boring colours, but I’m sure office chairs are available in a wider colour range.
That's where I got my sewing chair from @StitchinTime and it has been mighty fine. There is usually something draped over it so the colour doesn't really matter although I do love the red I had it in.  :P
So many beers, so little time.

Diane

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 13:56:32 PM »
@StitchinTime I'm not bothered about the fabric,  i quite like the office chair, will have a google.

@WildAtlanticWay I agree, no arms is best

@Flobear I'll check out Ikea
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Diane

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 14:27:38 PM »
@StitchinTime @realale I like the look of that chair, not worried about the colour so i've bookmarked that and will order one for when my cabinet arrives  :thumb:

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 15:07:16 PM »
Office furniture online - good stuff, fast delivery.
Life's too short for ironing.

StitchinTime

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 15:15:42 PM »
@Diane This chair is very similar but has a wider range of colours and a chrome option for the base.
https://www.officefurnitureonline.co.uk/comfort-ergo-3-lever-operator-chairs.html

Diane

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 15:19:44 PM »
@StitchinTime  Thanks for that, I prefer the chrome base  :thumb:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 15:32:43 PM by Diane »

Sewbusy

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 15:32:10 PM »
I have a Horn Hobby Chair and cannot fault it. I also have an office chair at my computer desk.

Video of the Horn Sewing Chair here

https://hornfurniture.co.uk/horn/hobby-chair/

Much prefer the sewing chair!

Diane

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 15:33:37 PM »
Thanks @Sewbusy I'm going to go with the office chair

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2022, 16:06:38 PM »
That's the same as my chair which I took home with me from work @realale  when they had a refurb after moving to new premises.  That was in 2000, still going strong although I've worn the front seat bit off since.  They are built to last
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ploshkin

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2022, 16:56:37 PM »
That's the one I've got @Diane   it's a very robust and comfortable chair.
Life's too short for ironing.

Diane

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 16:58:34 PM »
Thanks @Ploshkin I've bookmarked that page ready for when i buy it.