The Sewing Place

Craftsy membership offer

Acorn

Re: Craftsy membership offer
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 22:19:34 PM »
I took out membership when it got down to about $2.99, and emailed straight away to say that I didn't ant to renew automatically, so would they remove my credit card details.  They replied remarkably quickly, and did just that - I could see that they had gone when I logged into my account.

I think someone ( @Bodgeitandscarper ?) also changed the expiry date of their card in their account in case they didn't get around to removing the details quickly enough.

I haven't watched any videos - video classes are not really my thing - but I have downloaded a number of patterns that go along with the classes!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 10:01:51 AM »
Yes, that was me, but I did also recently email them to ask for it not to be renewed, and they replied very quickly as I recall.

I've not actually found anything of any use on there yet...

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, and I hate watching videos too, but it seems to be too much trouble for people to actually write down instructions for things these days.

UttaRetch

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »
I flagged all Craftsy's bugging emails as spam and that is where they go without bothering me.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 12:34:48 PM »
I keep mean)nag to watch some more of Alison Smith's Tailoring before my offer runs out.  But always find something else to do.   :thinking:

Sewingsue

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
I have just received an email from Craftsy offering me Premium membership at a discount if I rejoin.
25% off so only £44.45 for the first year.

Now I did join for the first year - but just realised that I have never sat down and watched the classes I already saved.

With so much available via other sources I think I will save my money.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Sewingsue

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2021, 11:30:44 AM »
They must be getting desperate - I had an email offering renewal for FIVE DOLLARS!
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Acorn

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 11:33:29 AM »
Having joined last year for $2.99 and not used it, they're now offering me a renewal at $40.  Not going to happen - I only joined last year because I hoped their shop was going to open up again, but there's no sign of that.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 12:08:40 PM »
@Sewingsue i might be tempted if had another renewal for that amount.  I have to say I think the newer classes I have seen advertised have been like so many other things nowadays…….basic, dumbed down and not for me.  And I find it annoying to have to go through so much dross before finding anything advanced or interesting.  Of course I could be doing it wrong!   :thinking: :rolleyes:

realale

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 12:18:42 PM »
I haven't renewed my membership but I still get almost weekly offers for premium membership at 2.49 (can't remember if it's dollars or pounds!!  0_0). It's always a 'last offer' and a 'get it before it's gone' type and this has been going on for almost a year now. I rarely watch the classes I do own and haven't seen anything new I'd want so I'm not tempted.
So many beers, so little time.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2021, 12:20:52 PM »
@Sewingsue i might be tempted if had another renewal for that amount.  I have to say I think the newer classes I have seen advertised have been like so many other things nowadays…….basic, dumbed down and not for me.  And I find it annoying to have to go through so much dross before finding anything advanced or interesting.  Of course I could be doing it wrong!   :thinking: :rolleyes:
You have hit the nail on the head there! Every time you look for inspiration on a new challenge you get inundated with beginners hints.  Even if you google advanced sewing techniques you end up with nothing but learners techniques.
If you are looking for something in particular you may as well search on you tube as it is more likely to be there than somewhere like Craftsy
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2021, 19:45:11 PM »
@Bumblebuncher i stopped having Threads magazine as well for the same reason.  I have absolutely loads of them and often get some out to have a read through for inspiration.  It’s usually the older ones I go to.  Simply because the newer ones have nothing unusual or interesting any more

Vezelay

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2021, 14:56:27 PM »
Another here didn't actually use their cheapo membership at all. As others have indicated that platform is really outdated now. Youtube videos and sewing vlogs and blogs are free, plentiful, more relevant and have just about all the info you need. I can't believe Craftsy will continue to get enough subs to stay viable.

I did get good use from some of the mark 1 Craftsy vids back when I knew nothing, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to join now.

Acorn

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2021, 15:42:07 PM »
They're offering me membership for $20 now... it'll be interesting to see how far down they go!  I won't be bothering even for $2.99 though.  Maybe if they start offering to pay me...

realale

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2021, 22:47:06 PM »
I've just had a cyber Monday offer of $1.99!!  The lowest yet  :P
So many beers, so little time.

Acorn

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2021, 09:08:13 AM »
Huh!  They obviously want you more than they want me...   :laughing: ... they've just repeated my $20 offer this morning.